Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why This Blog?

Inspired by the call series "The 7 Mindset and Manifesting Secrets of Multimillionaire Entrepreneurs" hosted by David Neagle and Alexandria Brown, I realize that the uncomfortable is "the" place to be.

My habit however is to postpone being in that place for as long as I can, and I'm determined to change that. My challenge to myself is to do one thing a day that feels uncomfortable for the next 90 days. S-t-r-e-t-c-h!

I invite anyone who resonates with this to share what they're doing on here. Some of the things that scare me may seem embarrassing, yet hiding them doesn't serve me or my purpose. Let's be gentle with ourselves, but firm in our commitment to get where we're headed.

3 comments:

OtherMom said...

Today I will be fitted for hearing aids. I've had to admit that this is a necessary thing to improve the quality of my life. Scary? Yes, to go into debt for a necessity.

OtherMom said...

I DID it. Got the hearing aids. They're amazing. It sounds like the dust has been wiped off of conversations.

Today I tried to call a guy who I used to work for. I want to talk with him about the travel business in general but specifically about setting up a segment of his shuttle company to do city tours and letting me be the guide. This is something I've done before and LOVE doing! I've been unable to reach him by phone so I sent him an email asking when we can meet and giving him two time-slot options when I will be available. No more "whenever is convenient for you"!! I'll call again also to see if I can reach him by phone.

Aldebaran said...

I have caught myself avoiding the scary stuff even before it scares me. I sit down to write in my blog, or begin learning a new computer application and just slide off to Facebook or listen to some tunes. Thank you for the reminder that it takes bit a mindfulness to say no to the distraction.

The truth is that I got to your blog as a consequence of such wandering, so it isn't all bad. I will be trying to draw some attention to "1 Scary Action A Day" on my blog, BetterMindset.com
Stephen Hale